December 2022 Newsletter
December’s Wine of the Month: Sea Spray
This month’s wine that we would like to spotlight is our Seasonal Sea Spray wine. With this wine you will get a delicate but delicious cranberry flavor. We wanted to create a grape wine with natural cranberry flavor for people to enjoy over the Holidays. This wine is only bottled around this time of year and when we run out we run out! So grab your bottle or bottles while you can!
Pairing Recipe: Green balsamic vinaigrette salad w/ Fish in a lemon cream sauce.
For the balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
For the salad
- 8 cups salad greens
- ¼ cup dried cherries (or cranberries)
- ¼ cup cheese crumbles (feta, goat, or gorgonzola)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds (or walnuts, pecans, or pistachios)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and salt until fully combined. Gradually whisk in the olive oil, adding 1 tablespoon at a time and whisking until it incorporates, until an emulsion forms. Serve immediately. Store refrigerated and bring to room temperature before serving (keeps at least 2 weeks).
- Dress 8 cups salad greens with the desired amount of dressing; reserve the rest for future use.
- On each plate, place 2 cups salad greens and sprinkle with dried fruit, cheese crumbles, and nuts.
Ingredients for baked fish with lemon cream sauce
- ▢4 x 150- 180g / 5 – 6 oz fish fillets , about 1.5cm / 1/2″ thick, skinless and boneless (Note 1)
- ▢50g / 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- ▢1/4 cup cream, heavy / thickened (See Note 2 for sub options)
- ▢1 – 2 garlic cloves , minced
- ▢1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ▢1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- ▢Salt & pepper
- ▢1 1/2 tbsp eschallots (French onion) , finely chopped (Note 3)
- ▢Fresh parsley and lemon slices , to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C / 390°F (all oven types).
- Place fish in a baking dish – ensure the fish isn’t crammed in too snugly. See video or photos in post. Sprinkle both sides of fish with salt and pepper.
- Place butter, cream, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a microwave proof jug or bowl. Microwave in 2 x 30 sec bursts, stirring in between, until melted and smooth.
- Sprinkle fish with shallots, then pour over sauce.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until fish is just cooked. Remove from oven and transfer fish to serving plates. Spoon over sauce, and garnish with parsley and lemon wedges if using.
New exciting Holiday gift ideas available at the Winery!
- Insulated Wine Cups $25.00
- Leather Wine Glass Earrings $12.00
- Acrylic Wine Glass Earrings $15.00
- Wine Purifier Wand $4.50
- Wine Purifier $75.00
- Wine Purse $65.00
We have Holiday Gift Baskets are also now available!!!!
- Sweet Dessert Basket $102.00 (Price may vary)
- Red Basket $60.00 (Price May Vary)
- White Basket $75.00 (Price may vary)
Gift Cards Available!
- 12/8/2022: Shop the town Port Lavaca 4PM-10PM
- 12/10/2022: Edna Market Day 10AM-3PM
- 12/14/2022: Victoria Art House Paint & Sip 6PM-8PM
- 12/18/2022: Port Lavaca Farmers Market 9AM-2PM
- 12/21/2022: Different Image Wine Down Wednesday 6PM-8PM
- 12/24/2022 (WINERY CLOSING EARLY) 12PM-5PM
- 12/25/2022 (CLOSED FOR CHRISTMAS)